E.S.G - Environmental, Social &
Since Cooper Machinery Services (Cooper) created its first low-emissions product in the mid-1970s, we have been on an E.S.G Journey since then. We are constantly on the lookout for opportunities to improve and add to our emissions products. Today, our suite of engine and compressor upgrade products not only target combustion emissions but also greenhouse gases, fugitive compressor emissions, and heavy metals.
In the early 1980s, Cooper voluntarily took the lead on environmental clean-up of the local landfill where many industrial companies had placed industrial waste for decades. That kind of ahead-of-the-game thinking has always been a hallmark of Cooper. Today, Cooper is the leader in products that enable customers in the gas compression and power generation industries to reduce greenhouse gases and nitrous oxides to well below legislated standards. In 2011, Cooper became the first large engine manufacturer to achieve a 0.5 gram/bhp-hr NOx upgrade solution when we upgraded a 10W-330 Cooper-Bessemer integral engine in upstate New York. The installation consisted of a turbocharger retrofit, HyperFuelTM, HyperBalanceTM, Jet Cells, C3 heads and an ePCC system.
Using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as an E.S.G. roadmap, Cooper continuously looks to improve in all areas of E.S.G.
2022 Sustainability Report
This report summarizes our collective efforts to build a world-class Sustainability program that promotes Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) best practices. Through innovative products and services, we are making major contributions to reducing our industry’s environmental impact. Read the report to find out how Cooper is doing the most good for the most people.
Sustainability has always been at the core of our operations. We believe that our technology enables our customers to reduce their carbon footprint, minimize environmental and safety risks and enhance operational efficiency. Our reciprocating engine and compressor upgrade programs and packages enable the customer to reduce the pollution output of their existing equipment. But, more importantly, it eliminates the extremely costly and environmentally unfriendly process of horsepower replacement.
We believe technological innovations in gas engines and compressors are key to improving energy efficiency. Our products and services help make access to clean energy more reliable and affordable. By doing so, we improve the standard of living for all, and stimulate economic growth, improving health and creating employment opportunities around the world.
- No Poverty – Cooper pays fair wages to employees in every part of the world. Those wages help stimulate economic development in their communities.
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being – Cooper has healthcare options available to every employee, and tobacco use is not allowed at any Cooper facility. Our Houston facility has an exercise gym. Working Advantage – is a program to purchase things, like health and wellness products at a discounted price.
- Quality Education – Our employee education program makes it possible for employees to go to school and improve their skills.
- Gender Equality – We actively encourage women to apply for open positions.
- Clean Water and Sanitation – Cooper is very careful about the management of water disposal from manufacturing processes
- Affordable Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life On Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
Corporate REsponsibility framework
Cooper’s responsibility is simple: we take an active role in caring about our environment and people everywhere, and we operate with transparency and integrity in all we do.
Environment. We make a conscious effort to minimize our environmental impact with continuous improvements, and our products and services help our customers make meaningful improvements in their environmental efforts.
E.S.G. at Cooper
Helping Our Customers with their journey
Hydrogen & Landfill Gases
Unburned Fuel Emissions
& Exhaust Leaks
- Cooper Expands After-Sales Support Offerings | Gas Compression Magazine, August 2021 , Page 16
- Cooper Shifts ESG Push into High Gear | ESG Review, First Quarter 2022, Pages 10 – 13
- Hydrogen Natural Gas Fuel Blend Lowers Emissions for AJAX Integral Engine-Compressor | ESG Review, March 30, 2022
- Cooper Integral Engine-Compressor Burns 30% Hydrogen by Volume | Gas Compression Magazine, October 2022, Pages 32 and 34